Duration: 7 Days
Max Altitude: 12,000 ft
Approx Trekking Km: 29 kms
Dayara Bugyal is often placed at the top position only to be hotly contested and pushed to the next best. But there is no debate amongst trekkers that Dayara Bugyal would fall within the two most beautiful high altitude meadows in India. It is not difficult to see why. For hundred of years shepherds from far have been taking their flock to graze at Dayara. They have come back with stories of the abundance of grass and splendor of the mighty Himalayan mountain peaks cradling the meadows.
The Bugyals and the sky around with their every changing hue can show you new scenery at every season of the year. The trek starts from the tiny village of Barsu tucked away on the Haridwar – Gangothri road 32 kms away the town of UttarKashi.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation. (Guest House, Home Stay, Camping)
- Meals While On Trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek Equipments
- First Aid Medical Kits And Oxygen Cylinder
- Qualified & Experienced Trek Leader, Guide And Support Staff
- Haridwar To Barsu And Return
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Price Includes".
- Bhagirathi River
- The Village Of Barsu
- Barnala Meadow
- Dayara Bugyal Meadow
- Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III , Jaonli, Draupadi Ka Danda I & II, Black Peak, Bandarpunch And Many Other Unnamed Peaks
- Bakaria Top
Day 1: Haridwar to Barsu (7545 ft) 220kms whole day drive.
- We leave at dawn break and drive to Barsu which is a day long journey. We pass through the towns of Rishikesh, Chamba and Uttarkashi. Barsu is a small village about 32 kms from Uttarkashi and is on the way to Gangothri. The drive to Barsu from Uttarkashi is along with Bhagirathi river. Barsu is the base camp for Dayara Bugyal trek, Overnight stay at Barsu in a guest house.
Day 2: Barsu to Barnala (8530 ft) 4 Km, 3-3½ hrs trek.
- The trek to Barnala is 4 Kms and is a normal step ascend. We pass through the beautiful landscape of laced of Rhododendrons, forest cover of Silver Oaks, Deodar. Barnala is a place from where the famed meadow of Dayara starts. The miles of green undulating meadows stretching as far as your eye can see is a beautiful sight. With the lofty Himalayan ranges looming in the background Barnala campsite is an ideal place to camp for the night. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 3: Barnala to Dayara Bugyal (9980 ft) 5 Km, 4-5 hrs trek.
- The trail to the high alpine meadow Dayara Bugyal, is through the Barnala meadows. The landscape is picturesque and the dense forests lend a sneak peak of the greater Himalayas. As you end the ascend at Dayara, the vast meadow unfolds in front of you. The meadow is like a table top as you set foot on the meadow the sight of the mighty Himalayas surrounds you. Srikanth, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III , Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpunch and many other unnamed peaks are visible from Dayara Bugyal meadow. Overnight stay in camps.
Day 4: Dayara Bugyal to Bakaria Top (12000 ft)3 Km 2½-3 hrs, back to dayara Bugyal.
- Bakaria Top is the highest point of Dayara Bugyal, it’s a steep ascent to Bakaria top. Dayara Bugyal is divided into many small bugyals and Bakaria top is one of them. We start trek along the meadows and gain altitude gradually till we reach Bakaria Top. The views from the top take your breath away. Snow capped mountains, Valley deep below, towns as far as Uttarkashi can be seen from the top. It offers a 360 degree panoramic view of the entire greater Himalayas. We descend back to Dayara to camp for the night.
Day 5: Dayara Bugyal to Pichkiya (7873 ft) 8 Km, 6-7 hrs trek.
- We begin our descent to Pickkiya. The trail takes around 6 to 7 hrs with a few ascends in between. We walk through the vast stretches of the alpine meadows and the sub alpine forests and small spiralling rivulets. Pichkiya campsite is a small grassland situated in between the alpine forests. The inner dry valleys, dwarf rhododendrons grow along with patches of grasslands near the campsite.
Day 6: Pichikya (7873 ft) to Barsu (7545 ft) 4½ Km, 3-4 hrs trek.
- We descend down to Barsu along a well marked trail through the thick forests. The village of Barsu and the adjoining settlements can be sighted half way down the trail. We each Barsu by afternoon and camp for the night.
Day 7: Barsu (7545 ft) to Haridwar whole day drive.
- We drive back to Haridwar to board the night train out to New Delhi.