Duration: 07 Days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude: 11,675 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km: 77 Kms.
Located at the altitude of good 1950 mt, this point embraces some magnificent views of Garhwal Mountains. These mighty mountains covered with snow offer a glimpse of exploration that has just begun. From here, you have to walk on the plain for next 5-6 hours to reach Taluka. Taluka lies at the foothills of Himalaya and is a vast meadow.
Har ki Doon is an ascending climb for 14 km from Osla. It is situated at the foothills of Swargrohini Peak and bestow its trekkers some amazing scenic views of the nature. Walk 2 km ahead and you will reach at Jaundhar glacier lies at the base of Swargarohini Mountain. This place is must visit for its natural exquisiteness that mostly engrossed everyone.
What is included in the tour
- All veg meals from day 1st dinner to day 7th breakfast.
- Tented accommodation on triple share basis.
- Guest House / Hotel / Tented accommodation in Sankri on Triple sharing.
- All necessary fees and permits.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Trek Through Beautiful Valleys And Meadows.
- The Shivalik Himalayas.
- Temple Of Duryodhan Of Mahabharatha In Osla
- Bridges Over Tons River
- Confluence Of The Har Ki Dun And Ruinsara Rivers
- Jaundhar Glacier
Day 01: Dehradun to Sankri via Mussoorie (220Kms 10 Hrs)
- The very first day we will meet at Dehradun railway station at 6:00 in the morning for our journey through curvaceous roads of The Shivalik Himalayas. Today’s journey from Dehradun to Sankri is about 220 Kms long and takes around 10 hours. Enroute we will stop for breakfast and also get fresh for the rest of the journey. Reach Sankri late in the evening and take full rest at the camp for the Har Ki Dun Trek.
Day 02: Sankri -Taluka (drive 1 hrs) – Trek from Taluka to Osla Village (14Kms – 7 Hrs)
- After having a sumptuous breakfast we drive to Taluka . Our trek leader will brief about today’s trek schedule. Today will trek for around 14 kms from Taluka to Osla Village. There is a unique temple of Duryodhan of Mahabharatha in Osla village situated at an altitude of 2650m. Along the trek route you will cross bridges over Tons river, lush green valley covered with wild orchids of Himalayas and if you are lucky then you may encounter the rich wild life of Himalayas like barking deer, Bharal, Blue Sheep, Bear or Leopard too. Reach camp and immerse in the pristine beauty of Garhwal Himalayas. Pitch your tents and try your hand in Night Long exposure photography.
Day 03: Trek from Osla to Har Ki Dun (11Kms – 6 Hrs)
- After early breakfast we start our trek to Har Ki and once you reach there you would not want to come back the beauty is such. The trek is rewarding through open meadows and views of snow capped peaks. The trail ascends above the confluence of the Har ki Dun and Ruinsara Rivers to a vintage point of the snow capped ridges of the Dhaula Dhar. After trekking for about 6 hours you will reach the camp relish on delicious lunch prepared by our team and enjoy the views of pristine trek in the Himalayas
Day 04: Har Ki Dun Trek – Exploration Day
- Today is our exploration day those who want to enjoy the most exotic book reading session can relax in the camp and rest can trek up to Jaundhar Glacier which is around 4 Kms and takes around 3 Hrs to reach but the view of the glacier is to die for. After our healthy breakfast and packed lunch we will start the today’s leg of Har Ki Dun trek the visit to Jaundhar Glacier. After spending few hours we will return to Har Ki Dun camp.
Day 05: Trek from Har Ki Dun to Osla (11Kms – 4 Hrs)
- Today will the easy part of the Har Ki Dun trek but going downhill is always a tricky one. We will be trekking by the same route so you have an idea about the landscape. After a tiring day relax for some time have your sumptuous lunch and then explore the area.
Day 06: Trek from Osla to Taluka (14 Kms ) – Sankri (drive 1 hrs)
- Be ready to trek down the entire leg of Har Ki Dun Trek from Osla Village to Taluka in one go. Then we will take a jeep ride to Sankri. Reach camp and relax …now onwards no more trekking.
Day 07: Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (220Kms 10 Hrs)
- Today will be the most complex day on one side you will be happy that no more trekking on the other hand gloomy because the trek is going to end. We will start our drive early in the morning so that we reach on time at Dehradun Railway station to catch your train or flights for onward journey. Our trek ends here.