Duration: 3 Days
Max Altitude: 9910 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km: 16 Kms
This small trek in the Shivalik range of lower Himalayas is the recent addition to the ‘Weekend Trek’ category. Think pine forests, mountain brooks and slate-roofed villages are the highlights of this trek. As you walk along the trails of the forest, scenic views of the Gangotri, Banderpoonch, Kalanaag or Black Peak and the Swargarohini massif offer an enchanting experience. This trek to the Nag Tibba summit is of 8 kms and the best time to walk it up is post monsoon i.e. from October to March. Nag Tibba, at 10000 feet, is situated on the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayas. The trek starts from the Pantwari village which is approximately 6 hours drive from Dehradun. The entire trek gets you closer to nature, with chirping of birds and fragrance of the thick deodar forests, while the terraced fields and slate roofed houses bring you back to civilization. The enchanting view of the green terraced fields is breath taking while a range of birds and animals can be spotted if you look a little closer. The camping on the first say is at Nag Tibba Temple. On the second day, you begin to walk to the highest point called Nag Tibba ‘Jhandi’. On the other side of this ridge lies the route to Devalsari village. After you savour the picturesque view of the Himalayan ranges, you take the same route back to the Pantwari village. After this quick weekend adventure trek, you can now return to Dehradun via road. The sun rise from this spot is an enrapturing sight of the great Himalayan range.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation (Camping).
- Meals While On Trek (Veg).
- Transport From Dehradun To Pantwari And Return.
- Trekking Permits.
- Trek Equipment (Tent, Sleeping Bag, Mattress, Kitchen & Dining Tent, Toilet Tent And Utensils).
- First Aid Medical Kits.
- Mountaineering Qualified Trek Leader And Support Staff.
- Mules To Carry Central Equipment.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Meals During The Transit.
- Any Personal Expenses.
- Mules To Carry Personal Luggage.
- Anything Not Specifically Mention Under The Head.
- Kampty Fall
- Pantwari Village
- Nag Tibba Temple
- Nag Tibba Top
- Bonfire & Tent Stay
- Thick Pine Forests
- Mountain Brooks
- Slate-Roofed Villages
Day 1: Departure from Delhi. Take overnight train to Dehradun.
- By rail: Board a train from Delhi to reach Dehradun the next morning. By road: Dehradun is 280 km from Delhi by road. A drive down the road takes approximately 6-7 hours.
Day 2: Dehradun to Pantwari village and starts trek to Nag Tibba Temple (4-5 hrs drive)
- We will pick up you Dehradun Railway station around 6 Am and drive to Pantwari village via Mussoorie, Kampty Fall. Reach Pantwari village and start first day trek to Nag Tibba Temple. Evening bonfire and overnight stay in camping.
Day 3: Nag Tibba Temple to Nag Tibba top and return down to Pantwari Village (4 hrs trek) and drive to Dehradun (5-6 hrs drive)
- Early morning after breakfast, start trek to Nag Tibba Top (3084m), from where you can take a view of Swargrohini, Bandarpoonch, Gangotri ranges etc. After having lunch we will descend to Pantwari village and then drive to Dehradun. Take overnight train to Delhi.