Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lakes 2019
Duration: 17 days
Max Altitude: 18,520 Ft.
Everest Base Camp via Goyko Lakes trek is a must do. This longer more adventurous version of the classic Mount Everest Base Camp Trek will take you to the top Gokyo Ri to the emerald Gokyo Lakes, cross the Cho La pass, ascend Kala Patar and EBC, this route guarantees unspoiled mountain scenery. Our carefully prepared itinerary reflects our proven track record permitting ample time for a safe acclimatization, the key to any successful trek in the Everest region.
The trip begins and ends in colorful Kathmandu, Nepal where you will take an exciting flight to/from Lukla then ascend to the vast glaciers of the Everest Himalayas. Accommodations along the way are in teahouses and meals are “a la carte,”
What is included in the tour
- Airport pickups and drop-offs for international terminal.
- Domestic airport transfers.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (2 nights).
- Accommodation during the trekking period (14 nights).
- Domestic return flights (Kathmandu- Lukla -Kathmandu).
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS).
- Certified guide. Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Expenses for evacuation and rescue operations due to natural calamity, mishaps, injury or any health problem.
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation.
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader).
- Trek completion certificate by Nepal Govt.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel expenses to reach and return from Kathmandu.
- Food and drinking water throughout the trip. Soft-drinks / Beverages / Alcohols / Snacks / Chocolates Etc.
- Additional accommodation and food expenses if trek gets delayed due to weather, flight cancellation, health or any other reason.
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.).
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s).
- GST 5%
- Leh Market
- Shanti Stupa
- Stok Kangri
- Walking On Top Of Thick Ice Sheet Above The Zanskar River
- Confluence Point In The Village Of Nimu, Where The Zanskar River Converges Into Indus River.
- Tent Stay On The Banks Of The Zanskar River
- Shingra Koma, A Huge Camping Ground
- Tibb Cave - Stay Inside A Large Cave
- Day 1: Kathmandu.
- Day 2: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla
- Day 3: Tilat Sumdo to Shingra Koma(6-7 hours) overnight in Tent.
- Day 4: Shingra Koma to Tibb( 7- 8 hours): overnight in Tent.
- Day 5: Tibb to Nerak (7 hours): overnight in Tent
- Day 6: Nerak to Tibb
- Day 7: Tibb to Shingra Koma
- Day 8: Shingra Koma to Tilat Sumdo and drive back to Leh: overnight in Hotel.
- Day 9: Departure
Day 01: Kathmandu. Arrive at Kathmandu and check into the hotel.
- Our support staff will meet you to give the details about next day's plans as well as discuss the trekking plan.
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m / 9, 184ft) and trek to Phakding (2,651m / 8,700 ft). 3-4 hours.
- Today we will check out early and head to the airport for a flight to Lukla. The total flying time, will be of 40 minutes. Our guides and porters will be waiting from you at the Airport. We will have a quick breakfast and start our trek for Phakding.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,438m / 11,280 ft). 6-7 hours.
- We will start trekking after breakfast and it will take us about 6 to 7 hours to reach Namche. If the weather permits, you may be able to get your first glimpse of Mt. Everest from the Namche Check Post. We will take several steps from Namche Post to reach Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Rest day at Namche Bazaar.
- Today's day is reserved for acclimatization in this high altitude region. We will stay at Namche and explore the place.
Day 05: Namche Bazaar to Dole (4, 038m / 13, 248 ft).
- 6-7 hours We will start the trek a little early today and head for Dole. We will cross several waterfalls. Dole is a very small settlement and the place has some nice views of gigantic mountains.
Day 06: Dole to Machhermo (4,470 m/ 14,663 ft).
- 3-4 hours A very small distance at the beginning of the trek be little tough and post that it will be an easy day of trekking. Once we ascend on the trail from Dole, we will get huge view of Mt. Cho Oyu. Once we reach Machhermo, we can either take rest for the remaining part of the day or explore the surroundings.
Day 07: Machhermo to Gokyo (4, 800 m / 15,744 ft).
- 5- 6 hours We will start early today for Gokyo. The trail will be of moderate difficulty level. The views from this trail are really beautiful. En-route to Gokyo we will see 3 Gokyo Lakes. Stay over at a tea house with mesmerizing views of the Gokyo Lake.
Day 08: Gokyo to 5th Gokyo Lake.
- We will be visiting the 4th and 5th Gokyo Lakes today. The views from the 5th Lake can be considered as the best view in the entire region of Mt. Everest and is an experience of life time which you should not miss. We spend some time at the 5th Lake and then return to our hotel in Gokyo.
Day 09: Thangnak (4,750m / 15,580ft).
- after hiking Gokyo Ri (5,357m / 17,575 ft). 6-7 hours We will start early for the hike to Gokyo Ri. In morning, the views of high peaks are much clear from Gokyo Ri. We will return to Gokyo and trek further for 2 to 3 hours to reach Thangnak.
- Day 10: Thangnak to Zongla (4, 830m / 15,850 ft) via Chola Pass (5, 368m / 17,611 ft).6-7 hours .This is the toughest day of our trekking expedition as we set ourselves to cross the mighty Chola Pass. The trail is a complete downhill trek till Zongla.
- Day 11: ongla to Lobuche (4, 940 m / 16,207 ft). 3-4 hours It is going be a short and easier trek in comparison to the previous day. We will trek from only 3 to 4 hours and reach Lobuche. We will reach Lobuche and take rest in a tea house.
- Day 12 :Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,164 m / 16,942 ft) and visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m / 17,598 ft). 7-8 hours The smallest part of trek in beginning will be a flat trail till the Lobuche pass. After we cross Lobuche pass, the trail becomes uneven till we reach Gorakshep. One we reach Gorakshep, we will keep our bags at the hotel and proceed for Everest Base Camp.
- Day 13 : Pheriche (4,371 m / 14,340 ft) after Kala Patthar (5, 645m / 18,520ft) hike. 7-8 hours We will start early and hike to Kala Patthar. It will take about 3 hours to reach atop Kala Patthar. You will get a panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges from this point and also get a full vertical view of Mt. Everest. After spending some time at Kala Patthar, we will trek on to reach Pheriche.
- Day 14 : Pheriche to Namche.6-7 hours This is going to be an easy trail, till Namche. We will cross some more villages like Kyangjuma and reach the Namche Bazaar.
- Day 15 : Namche to Lukla. 6-7 hours It is our last day of trekking in this journey. While the trail is a very moderate one, the potion just before Lukla may be a little tough as we have to climb several steps.
- Day 16 : Kathmandu We will fly back to Kathmandu on the same flight that we took while coming. Most of the flights are in the morning and we can reach in Kathmandu before 10 AM. Spend the day at leisure and explore the historic city.
- Day 17 : Departure.