Duration: 4 days
Max Altitude: 10,170 Ft.
Fixed Departure: Any dates in Oct /Nov /Dec
Located high between the ranges of Dhauladhar Kareli Lake is ideal place to seek some adventure. Its surface is 2934 meters above the sea level. Kareri Lake also known as Kumarwah Lake. Being famous in trekkers and nature lovers Kareli Lake offers you some splendid views which you have never seen before.
Snow melting from the Dhauladhar range serves as the source of the lake and a stream, Nyund is the outflow. As the source of water is fresh melting snow, you will find the water is clear like crystal and you can see the lake bed distinctly. The fact says, the lake remains frozen from early December to March–April. Kareri Lake is named after the nearby gaddi village of Kareri, situated 9 km south east of the lake.
This trek also takes you through green meadows, spruce forests, oak - pine trees making your trek most spectacular. The Kareri Lake is the third largest natural lake in the Dhauladhar region.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in Hotels on twin sharing Basis and Luxury water proof tents for outdoor as per package selected.
- Full meal i.e. Tea, breakfast, lunch, dinner, refreshments during trek and Breakfast & Dinner during journey by taxi or stay in hotel.
- Assistance upon arrival at nearest Bus Stop.
- Inner line Permit to restricted / protected areas of Himachal.
- Transportation by taxi (From reception - Departure)
- English, Hindi Speaking Professional tour guide & supporting staff.
- Porter Service to carry camping Materials.
- Driver allowance, toll charge, state govt. taxes
- Basic first aid kit carried by our tour guide.
- Cook with supporting staff.
- Separate Utility for Tour Guide & supporting Staff.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Flight /Rail fares not included.
- Porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head Inclusions.
- GST 4.5 %
- Bhagsunag Temple
- Sunset At Naddi
- Dhauladhar Mountain Ranges
- Liund River
- Camping At Open Meadows
- Kareri Lake
Day 1: Arrive at Mcleodgang
- Arrive in the morning at Mcleodgang at freshen up at your comfy guest house. Enjoy freshly brewed coffee with some toasts and cookies. After rest we will explore the market of Mcleodgang, visit monasteries, make a short excursion to Bhagsunag Temple and enjoy a swim in the magnificent waterfall near it, while enjoying some Pizza at Shiva's cafe, while admiring the views. Enjoy sunset at Naddi and click pictures of the snow clad peaks of the Dhauladhar Mountain Ranges. In the evening you are free to explore the market, and enjoy shopping, eating out or clubbing with your fellow travelers, before comfortably retiring in your guest house.
Day 2: Drive from Dharamshala to Ghera Village and Trek to Kareri Village
- Early morning we leave for Ghera, Village, which will take upto 2 hrs. After rest and refreshments, we will trek to Kareri Village which will take another few hours. Upon reaching we can either camp at the nice meadow near the stream or check ourselves in the Forest Guest House which is 10 minutes walk from the camping ground or stay at the nearby home stays. Meals and refreshments along with bonfire.
- Kareri Village Camp to Lioti (2450m).
Duration: 4-5 hrs walk
- Our today’s trek begins with a steep ascent through dense forest along the Liund river to Liyoti. The trail goes along the river which has to be crossed a number of times over some improvised bridges and boulders. We camp tonight in an open meadow at Liyoti.
Day 3: Lioti to Kareri Lake(3100m).
- Duration: 4 hours
- Today’s walk is not a very long walk. Kareri lake is small mountain lake at the base of Minkani pass. The lake keeps religious significance for the local people who come here on pilgrimage every year. Our tonights camp in an open meadow on the side of the lake with big views of Baleni Pass, Minkani pass and the valley below.
Day 4: Back to Ghera
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Retrace Back to the trail we came from and reach back to Ghera Village, from there we head back to Mcleodgang on Jeeps, with wonderful memories and awesome pictures of the beautiful lake.