Duration: 06 Days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude: 11,000 ft.
Auli, in the Garhwal Himalayas, is a favourite skiing destination for many not just because of its beautiful glittering slopes but for the nice, clean environment as well. Located around 250 kms away from Rishikesh in Uttarakhand, Auli is a must visit destination if skiing is your passion. The slopes are located at an altitude of almost 2500 to 3000 metres, offering exciting skiing opportunities to both beginners as well as professional skiers.
In summers you will find numerous marked walks and there are also mountain bike trails. At the backdrop lies the famous high altitude Gorson Reserve forest richly habituated by rare Himalayan wildlife including snow leopard, musk deer, wild boar, wild cat, wild rabbit, jackal, fox, hyena and bear. The climate in summers is extremely pleasant. The deodar and oak trees contribute to natural health spa strongly recommended by for everyone.
It is connected to Joshimath by a 3.5 km long cable car provides an excellent panoramic view of the mountain peaks like Nanda Devi, Kamet and Dronagiri.
During the program you will learn the basics of skiing and get to practise the skills you pick up on slopes of varying gradients. Keep in mind that as a beginner you will fall down a lot while practicing, but don't lose hope. Given proper training and instruction on this sport it is not that difficult to learn.
Our skiing team would ensure that each time you come down, both your confidence and experience increases exponentially. Our team of qualified skiing instructors will ensure that you learn skiing and get hooked on to this marvellous sport.
What is included in the tour
- Transport From Haridwar To Joshimath And Return.
- Accommodation (Home Stay/ Guest House)
- 1 Round Ticket Of Chair Car Per Person Per Day (On Day 3 To Day 4 As Per Itinerary)
- Meals – Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Morning Tea, Evening Soup And Snacks As Per Itinerary (From Dinner On Day 1 To Breakfast On Day 6)
- Skiing Equipment Rental (For Ski, Boots And Sticks)
- Ski Instructor's Fees
What is NOT included in the tour
- Ski Lift Charges
- Hire Charges For Winter Wear / Clothing / Extra Equipment (Approxrs 700 Per Day For Jacket, Trouser, Ski Goggles And Gloves. Please Note That This Is Only Indicative Hire Charges)
- Meals – Other Than Breakfast Lunch And Dinner As Indicated In The Itinerary
- Mineral Water And Other Beverages
- Any Kind Of Personal Expenses
- Travel Or Any Kind Of Insurance
- Anything Which Is Not Mentioned Above
- Learn The Basics Of Skiing
- Learn Parallel Turns And Snow Plough Turns
- Skiing Lessons At Advance Slopes
- You Will Receive A Certificate Of Appreciation
Day 1: Arrival Auli
- You will be picked up from Haridwar and after 280 kms drive through the scenic Garhwal Himalayas, you will reach your skiing destination Auli in 7-8 hours. You can relax at the clean and comfortable guest house.
Day 2: Auli (skiing)
- After an early breakfast, you will be introduced to our experienced skiing instructors. They will ensure that you learn the basics of skiing during the course. You will slip, slide, fall and bang but have a lot of fun. You will learn 'walking' all over again, as doing it on snow with skis is a totally different experience. You will also pick up some key sliding techniques over the beautiful snow clad earth. At the end of an eventful session, the most important thing you will understand is learning from your falls.
Day 3: Learn to stand
- Today is same as the previous day, you'll just fall less, we guess. After a round of instructions, you begin to balance on the skies. You will now be able to stand on the skis and learn to apply breaks on your own. The first few rounds will all be about crash landing at the end of the slope. Mind you, these sessions will also be marked by many fall and recovery incidents.
Day 4: Skiing lessons – runs and turns
- It's the day to move ahead. You learn how to move forward on a gentle slope. You will perfect your parallel turns and snow plough turns. The snowplough turn is a braking and turning skiing technique, usually taught to beginners. The front tips of the skis are brought together and the tails pushed wide apart, with the knees rolled inwards slightly. By applying pressure against the snow with the edges of the skis, speed is reduced and the skier can stop completely.
Day 5: Skiing lessons at advance slopes
- Here's the final day of skiing and your chance to show-off your mastery with the skis. Your instructor will take you to an advance slope. This slope is much longer than the beginner slope, and you will definitely gain a lot of speed while sliding on it. Your instructor will be with you for the entire duration to help you perfect your ski runs. Once perfected, you'll be honoured with a certificate of appreciation.
Day 6: Return to Haridwar
- After an extensive learning programme, you plan your trip back. We're sure your freshly carved ski lines will be a part of your most cherished memories. And you'll return to experience ice cold winds running through your hair and powdery snow flakes caressing your face, once again.