Duration: 06 Days
Grade: Easy to Moderate
Max Altitude: 12,763 ft
Approx Trekking Km: 33 kms
The trek begins from Joshimath, in the Chamoli district of Himalayas, which has evolved into the hub for trekkers and pilgrims in this part of the Himalayas. Confluences of several rivers - the Pinder, Kaliganga, Nandakini, Birehiganga & Dhauli Ganga give make up the Pancha-Prayag – namely, Devprayag, Karnaprayag, Devprayag and Rudraprayag. The trek then proceeds through small remote Himalayan villages. Walking along the Curzon trail through these villages is a great way to get acquainted with the life of the mountain folks.
The trek takes you up and down a few other lesser passes – the Vinayak pass and Tali top, eventually taking you to the highest point in the trek – the Kuari Top at which is at 13990 feet.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- Meals while on trek (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kits and oxygen cylinder.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff.
- Transport from Haridwar to Joshimath and return.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head "Price Includes".
- Tali Top
- Kuari Pass
- Bugyals (Meadows) Of Gurson
- Nanda Devi Sanctuary
Day 1: Haridwar to Joshimath (265km. Drive)
- Drive to Joshimath 256 km. If you arrive morning Haridwar drive to Joshimath through Devprayag, Srinagar, Rudrapryag, Karnprayag. Breakfast and lunch on the way. Stay in a GMVN rest house.
Day 2: Joshimath – Chitrakhana (12km. Drive, 4 hrs. Trek ).
- Early morning breakfast drive to Dhak village (12km). From Dhak we will start the 6 km trek to lower Chitrakhana. The valley opens up after climbing quite steeply to an overhanging cliff which shelters a local deity. The route enters progressively drier terrain, The trek continues to climbs to the village of Tugasi village pack lunch enroute. Dinner & over night in .
Day 3: Chitrakhana to Tali Top.
- A strenuous 6km trek (4 hrs) through lush green vegetation, mostly pink and white rhododendron flowers with Mt. Nanda Devi Mt. Doonagiri looming in the distance, makes this trek an exhilarating experience. We will camp in an alpine meadow at the head of the Tali Top which lies on the North Face of Mt. Nanda Devi and Other higher mountains. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 4: Tali top- Khullar- Kuari pass and back to Tali (15kmTrek, 8 hrs).
- Today day is long day. Early morning after breakfast start trek to Kuari pass. First one hour is easy and gradual till to the khullar place.After that you will start the climb to khullar top After traversing our way across the snow patch you will reach the Kuari pass top. Now you will get a Jet wind there. Back to camp.
Day 5: Tali - Joshimath via Auli (8km, 4hrs.)
- En route cross the famous bugyals (meadows) of Gurson and will also get views of the route leading to the famous Nanda Devi sanctuary, along the Rishi Ganga.It is a gradual descent to Auli down through woods and pastures and we meet our car waiting for us at Auli to drive us to Joshimath which, although having none of the elegance of its sister hill resorts, does have a charm and beauty of its own. It is the site where the famous Adiguru Shankaracharya attained enlightenment before beginning his campaign for the unification of India and the revitalization of Hinduism.
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar.
- Early morning drive back to Haridwar.